Capitol Reef

December 6, 2015

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Thanksgiving is seriously one of my favorite holidays. Spending time with family and being able to eat some delicious food, makes it one of the greatest days of the year. This year, we headed down to Manti to eat with my family. We ate all my favorite foods and best of all raspberry PIE and spent the rest of the day relaxing and watching movies. It was so nice to have nothing to do.






Friday morning, Blake and I were reminiscing on our fun dating days and how we went to Capitol Reef a few times. We decided that since we had nothing going on, we would take a little road trip to one of our favorite national parks. I read a comment recently that said that this national park is not nearly as majestic as the others in Utah. I beg to differ with this comment for a couple reasons. Blake and I have been to this park five times in the past two years, we have hiked many of the main trails and have been the only ones there. Out of all the national parks I have been to, this is the only place I have been where I have had complete solitude on a main trail! It is pretty amazing to be the only ones in such an beautiful place. It also has some sentimental value for us because of the time we spent here while dating. I just love Capitol Reef National Park.



We decided, because it was pretty cold and a little snowy, that we would hike to Hickman Bridge. This is a must do when at Capitol Reef. It is a short, family friendly hike. It is about two miles roundtrip with no real challenges. Also, right before reaching Hickman Bridge, there are some smaller bridges that are fun to climb on. Once we reached Hickman bridge, we spent quite a while exploring around the bridge. Here are some photos of our fun adventure!



















































































No comments :

Post a Comment