Christmas Break

January 14, 2015

We started school this week and let me tell you, I was not ready to go back! Finals week was the week before Christmas and somehow I lucked out and had the majority of my finals the last week of class. As a result, I basically ended up with a month-long break. Hallelujah! Once Blake finished his finals, we took a weekend trip to Bryce Canyon. We found a good deal on Groupon for Ruby's Inn, so we stayed for a couple of days. We went to Bryce earlier this year, but unfortunately we didn't get to do much hiking. This time we made sure we hiked both the Queens Garden and Navajo Loop trails, highlights of Bryce. It was incredible.














Several years ago, my family started a fun tradition of going to a movie Christmas Eve. We meet up with cousins, fill a row at the movie theater, and then go out for Chinese food. After, we drove to Manti and spent the night at my parents. Christmas morning was so much fun opening presents and spending time with family. We headed up to South Jordan in the afternoon to see Blake's family. Boy, did we get spoiled this year by both our families.






One of our presents from my parents was snowshoes! We had only tried snowshoeing one time so we were excited to get out and do another hike. Donut Falls is the hike that we wanted to do. We had done this hike before but never with snowshoes. It was a great hike!








For New Years Eve, we went to dinner and a movie with most of Blake’s family and my parents. I have been blessed with amazing in-laws and parents. It was so much fun that all of us could hang out and have so much fun together. New Years day we went up the mountain to a friends cabin and spent the day sledding.

The rest of the break we spent a lot of time climbing. We bought passes to Momentum climbing gym, so we have been spending most of our nights there. I have never really climbed before, but I am learning quickly that it is both difficult and fun. We also went to as many movies as we could. There were quite a few that came out around Christmas that we wanted to see and we ended up seeing most of them! 


I'm so sad that the break is over but ready to conquer my last semester as an undergraduate! 











No comments :

Post a Comment