Happenings

November 25, 2015

Basically I'm terrible at updating this blog. We haven't been up to much lately though, so I haven't had much to post about. Blake and I both got new positions at work and are trying to manage our new responsibilities. I seriously love my new job and am so excited to be apart of such a great cause. Research is really great, guys! Blake is busy acing his classes; he'll tell you he's struggling and school is hard but he studies hard so he's doing really well. We haven't had as much time as we would like to adventure, but we are trying to do small things here and there. 



One weekend, Blake was off hunting so I hung out with my parents and enjoyed taking some photographs of my awesome dad preparing for a knife show. I love to watch him work on his knives; he is very meticulous and thoughtful with each individual one. The craftsmanship is just amazing.







 


A couple weekends later we found ourselves back in Manti to escape the busy city life. We spent one evening out on Blake's family's farm taking star photos with his mom and dad. It was freezing but I'm pretty satisfied with some of the photos, so I suppose it was worth it.










Last Saturday, we didn't have any plans (which was so nice) so we woke up and decided to take a drive out to Antelope Island State Park. We have been there before a couple times but never at sunset. I've seen such beautiful photos of sunset at the Great Salt Lake and wanted to see it for myself. We got to Antelope Island right as the sun was setting. Luckily we got to see a few bison before heading down to the lake. Buffalo are our favorite! The sunset was absolutely incredible; the reflection on the lake is soo beautiful. It was definitely worth the short drive. Afterwards, we cooked up some burgers and enjoyed the orange sky. We both agreed that this should happen more often.














No comments :

Post a Comment